Sunday, October 14, 2007

Dogistory

I used to be afraid of dogs very much. Now, though I still get feared, I manage not to run. Because, running can prove dangerous, I know. Dogs also, donot like running men, i feel. I anticipate enough barking from dogs, whenever I see them. Until they keep barking, that is, their mouth will have a movements totally dedicated to barking, so, I need not worry. I firmly believe the single thread processing atleast in the case of dogs. Only one process at a time. If it is barking, then it wont bite. So, I am safe as long as it is barking. Once, it stops barking, then one needs to be more careful.

It was really a great relaxation for me, when I came to know about the that we are protected by the self protection act from them. If a dogs comes and barks on you, you can claim that, it has come to bite you. So, according to self protection act, you can attack on it and save yourself from, dog-bite. So, a legal approach is still available in public places. One of my relatives told me this, and I was so happy that day.

The day I learnt this, I started carrying the umbrella with me in all occations. I wont care if i need to give any clarifications for this though, it is somewhat irritating. Atleast it is better than, getting your stomach inserted with injections 14 times! Alas! it is so difficult to live.
Whenever we plan to go somewhere in our holidays, presence of dogs is one of the important parameters to be considered. We would always be reluctant to visit homes where there would be dogs. The first thing we would note about a house newly visied would also be the same. Because, in spite of having a pond, a big house, so as to get enough hiding places for hide and seek, or even a bunch of trees, very suitable for climbing if a dog is there, they are all waste.

One day it thus happened that, on the road there were 3 dogs sitting like people pose for sitting for a strike. By that age, I had alreay developed a practice of seeing the far end of the street whenever I take a turn and realized, their presence. Instantly, I decided to go through some other route and escaped the attack. Some other day, dogs became aware of this and were sitting at the corner and before I could know that they were there, I was standing right in front of them. This was a crucial battle, and I had only one weapon, a small bag made of cotton. This was the time the real worrier in me showed up and for a long time, I didnt see them in that route.

May be it is more convenient to put stories about dogs under a seperate heading, "Dogistory". This I am suggesting because of the abundance of stories available on dogs. Dogs in fact never have been given the attention they have to be given. All these menaces created by dogs are just because, dogs are not given right place in society. They are noted only when, some thief breaks into a house or, when a corporation van pulls them into it. I really feel that this is the reason why, dogs are taking revange agains us in all possible ways, many of them I have already observed.

The final message from my side is this. Please always keep dogs in the right place you need to keep them.They might have troubled you many times. But, as you say in hindi, "paap se door raho paapee se nahee".

No comments: